Topic: Dy/Dan's Latest
Replies: 40   Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 11:25 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Dy/Dan's Latest

'israeliteknight' posted Jul 30, 2014 11:50 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9535176) - GSC's remarks follow:

> > "I wish I had learned math like this as a kid,"
>
> Less than 5% of American high school students
> graduate with calculus behind them, and my bet is
> that he's one of them. So he's not the idiot people
> on this forum want to make him out to be. Clearly he
> will never intend to take away math teaching jobs (if
> there ARE any in the US), but I'm 100% behind ONE
> calculus expert documenting what it's really all
> about.
>
> Our calculus text books contradict each other so much
> that even Americans who take calculus in high school
> really do NOT know which version is correct, much
> less how to explain it.
>
> At least give Rand Paul that much credit, even if he
> is dead wrong (and contrary to his father) regarding
> illegal aliens.

How sweet.

But surely 'israeliteknight' meant to write "CALCULUS!"? As used in ancient "Navigation"?

Anyway, I agree, of course. Let's at least "give Rand Paul that much credit, even if he is dead wrong (and contrary to his father) regarding illegal aliens.".

In particular as he is one of the fewer than 5% American high school students who graduated, as Mr 'israeliteknight' is willing to bet, with "CALCULUS!" behind them.

I personally would never be willing to bet against Mr 'israeliteknight' on any matters concerning "CALCULUS!". Especially as it applies to ancient Navigation and other such esoteric matters.

GSC

Date Subject Author
7/25/14
Read Dy/Dan's Latest