The Math Forum

Topic: the Goldbach clarity proof using even numbered Arrays where we have
addition, multiplication, & perfect-squares; Legendre proof

Replies: 24   Last Post: Apr 17, 2016 12:19 PM

Don Redmond

Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 12:00:35 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 3:20:34 PM UTC-5, red...@siu.edu wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 2:23:39 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> (snipped)
> >
> > Okay, here's my randomly selected even number: 10^100 + 100368.
> >
> > Don

> As I said before, the behaviour of numbers in conjectures and proving conjectures does not require the attention of large numbers. My proof of Goldbach is not a rift, or schism of having proved Goldbach for small numbers and then having to have to prove for numbers only a computer can tackle.
>
> I suppose Don would want two proofs of Pythagorean theorem, one for numbers below 10^10 and one for numbers with exponents of 100 or larger. Don, why do you have this craving fascination for large numbers?
>
> Make yourself useful, Don, by telling me where the primes needs to have 23 in the staircase? Since 122 is where the primes need to include 11, 13, 17, 19 in the staircase, where do primes need 23?
>
> Looking at all the primes from 0 to 1000, I do not see a larger gap than from 113 to 127, a gap of 14 units. Is there a larger gap before 1000? And when do we need 23? The number 863 and 877 is another gap of 14 units where 860 is satisfied by 3+857, 862 by 5+857, 864 by 7+857, 866 by 3+863, etc etc.
>
> So where is 23 needed in the staircase Don?
>
> AP

But I don't need to worry about the size of the numbers. I (or Euclid before me) could prove the general formula for Pythagorean triples without referring to the size of the numbers at all.

You have only shown your proofs work for small numbers and then conjectured that they always work. If you really have a proof, then you should have a means to settle any case anyone puts before and not just answer that the proof follows in the same way.

Don

Date Subject Author
4/11/16
Read the Goldbach clarity proof using even numbered Arrays where we have
addition, multiplication, & perfect-squares; Legendre proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/11/16
Read Re: the Goldbach clarity proof using even numbered Arrays where we
have addition, multiplication, & perfect-squares; Legendre proof
abu.kuanysh05@gmail.com
4/12/16
Read Re: the Goldbach clarity proof using even numbered Arrays where we
have addition, multiplication, & perfect-squares; Legendre proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/12/16
Read dot by dot by dot
abu.kuanysh05@gmail.com
4/13/16
Read Legendre proof is corollary of GM proof which is a corollary of
Goldbach Add GA proof Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/13/16
Read Re: Legendre proof is corollary of GM proof which is a corollary of
Goldbach Add GA proof Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/14/16
Read perfect-Legendre primes Re: Legendre proof is corollary of GM proof
which is a corollary of Goldbach Add GA proof Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/14/16
Read AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/14/16
Read Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
Don Redmond
4/15/16
Read Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/15/16
Read Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
abu.kuanysh05@gmail.com
4/16/16
Read Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
Karl-Olav Nyberg
4/15/16
Read Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
Don Redmond
4/15/16
Read bogus objection by Don with his large numbers Re: AP's 3,5,7
Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/15/16
Read Re: bogus objection by Don with his large numbers Re: AP's 3,5,7
Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/16/16
Read proving the staircase conjecture Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture
Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/16/16
Read proving the staircase conjecture Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture
Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/16/16
Read "what a proof is" in New Math-- only need go out to the borderline of
infinity Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/16/16
Read Re: "what a proof is" in New Math-- only need go out to the
borderline of infinity Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach
clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/16/16
Read Re: "what a proof is" in New Math-- only need go out to the
borderline of infinity Re: AP's 3,5,7 Staircase Conjecture Re: the Goldbach
clarity proof
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
4/17/16