The Math Forum

Topic: 0 = 1
Replies: 101   Last Post: Oct 6, 2017 12:07 PM

Peter Percival

Re: 0 = 1

conway wrote:
>> How is 0 space?
>
> Markus
>

> I can "see" the space of zero on ANY number line. Anyting that is "empty" can be measured. ANY time I have zero of anything, I still posses space.

Yes, but, not only aren't numbers what you can see (or even "see"), but
they don't constitute lines either. The one-one correspondence between
numbers and points on a line is a postulate of the arithmetization of
Euclidean (for example) geometry. In finite geometries and non-metric
geometries there is no such one-one correspondence.

to me what you really mean.

Date Subject Author
9/6/17
Read 0 = 1