The Math Forum

Topic: Euler was wrong, wrong, wrong.
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 15, 2017 2:10 AM

zelos.malum@outlook.com

Re: Euler was wrong, wrong, wrong.

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 7:56:08 PM UTC+2, John Gabriel wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 September 2017 01:43:26 UTC-4, zelos...@outlook.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 3:04:47 PM UTC+2, John Gabriel wrote:
> > > You might be offended that I call anyone an idiot who thinks that defining numbers as limits of "infinite series" makes any sense whatsoever. While Euler was a good mathematician, his most unflattering definition was S = Lim S. There are so many things wrong with that definition, but let me address only a few.
> > >
> > > i. Sometimes the limit is a rational number .
> > > ii. Sometimes the limit is not a rational number and if it's not a rational number, then no one knows what the hell it is, because it's not a number. Calling it an "irrational number" does not make it a number at all because **A number is the measure of a magnitude**.
> > >
> > > Now the morons in mainstream academia make rules to cover up their stupidity and incompetence.
> > >
> > > 1. Sometimes the sum is equal to the limit:
> > > 1/4 = 5/10 + 20/100
> > >
> > > 2. Sometimes the sum is NOT equal to the limit because it can't be determined:
> > > 1/3 = 3/10 + 3/100 + 3/1000 + ...
> > >
> > > Pay attention idiot! Don't blurt out your stupidity by claiming that 3/10 + 3/100 + 3/1000 + ... adds up to 1/3. It is easy to prove that 1/3 is not measurable in base 10.
> > >
> > > 3. Sometimes the sum is a symbol for the magnitude that can't be measured:
> > > pi = 3 + 1/10 + 4/100 + 5/1000 + ...
> > >
> > > So our orangutan academics have 3 rules and don't understand squat.
> > >
> > > If you are a professor of mathematics or a teacher of mathematics, isn't it time you acquired a brain? Some intellectual honesty? And last but not least a spine and voice your support for change in the way this utter rubbish has infected the study and progress of mathematics.
> > >
> > > Ask yourself why it is that over 90% of students never understand this nonsense. The answer is obvious - it is incomprehensible rot. Those who claim to understand do not understand, they simply accept through belief that what they are taught is correct when in fact it is utter rubbish.
> > >
> > > No knowledge is ever past further investigation.
> > >
> > > https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/eulers-worst-definition-lim-john-gabriel/
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAdtI4MIotg
> > >
> > > Comments are unwelcome and will be ignored.
> > >
> > > Posted on this newsgroup in the interests of public education and to eradicate ignorance and stupidity from mainstream mythmatics.
> > >
> > > gilstrang@gmail.com (MIT)
> > > huizenga@psu.edu (HARVARD)
> > > andersk@mit.edu (MIT)
> > > david.ullrich@math.okstate.edu (David Ullrich)
> > > djoyce@clarku.edu
> > > markcc@gmail.com

> > There are not 3 rules you dipshit, there is only 1 definition that applies to all real numbers. You being too stupid to understand it doesn't make it wrong.

> The ONE definition requires THREE rules you BABOON!!!! Chuckle. You are too stupid to understand.

No it doesn't you moron. It only requires one, again your inability to understand things doesn't make them wrong.

Considering I can cite definitiosn correctly and use them properly in proofs, says I understand this stuff vastely better than you.

As for your 3 rules, they do not exist in mathematics. That is only "rules" to you because you got a very limited and juvenile idea of just about everything.