The Math Forum

Topic: __11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal

Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 6, 2017 10:29 PM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

__11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal

11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal

They come to math, but they come without Logic.

They define sine as opposite/hypotenuse.

They know of the unit circle with hypotenuse as 1.

They then blunder, and blunder badly for they spuriously assign 180 degrees to be 3.14.... Why why assign 180 degrees as 3.14... when you already defined sine as opposite/hypotenuse with unit circle forcing 180 degrees to be 2, since 90 degrees is 1 of unit circle.

Is it that all three of you are deplete of Logic, have no logic, never formally studied logic. Yet you inflict your nonlogical habits onto young students.

If you had had just a gram of Logical intelligence could see that the unit circle forces sine to define 180 degrees as being a diameter of 2. Thus making the sine graph and cosine graph to be a SEMICIRCLE graph.

So, Andrew, John, why not do things in math LOGICALLY, not some bozo whim of yours.

Burse, Wiles, Conway-- more than 30 years now of this NO LOGIC nonsense fed to the world of math

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 3:48:26 AM UTC-5, burs...@gmail.com wrote:
> The year 2525, AP brain farto, still doesn't
> understand that a*X^2+b*Y^2-1=0 is an ellipse.
>
> Posting nonsense, already for 30 years, not
> a single line of math.
>

> > Gottingen Math Dept
> > Dorothea Bahns (MI) Laurent Bartholdi (MI) Valentin Blomer (MI)
> > Jörg Brüdern (MI) Anja Fischer (NAM) Stefan Halverscheid (Didaktik, MI)
> > Harald Andrés Helfgott (MI) Thorsten Hohage (NAM) Stephan Huckemann (IMS)
> > Andrea Krajina (IMS) Tatyana Krivobokova (IMS) Christoph Lehrenfeld (NAM)
> > Gert Lube (NAM) Russell Luke (NAM) Ralf Meyer (MI)
> > Preda Mihailescu (MI) Axel Munk (IMS) Walther Dietrich Paravicini (MI)
> > Victor Pidstrygach (MI) Gerlind Plonka-Hoch (NAM) Daniel Rudolf (IMS)
> > Thomas Schick (MI) Anita Schöbel (NAM) Dominic Schumacher (IMS)
> > Henrik Seppänen (MI) Anja Sturm (IMS) Evelina Viada (MI)
> > Max Wardetzky (NAM) Ingo Witt (MI)

I would rather resign as a math teacher than teach another classroom that a sine is sinusoid.

I respect the truth, more than a lie in front of young students.

AP