Topic: Kites: Are rhombuses kites?
Replies: 26   Last Post: Aug 29, 2002 11:49 AM

Michael Keyton

Re: Kites: Are rhombuses kites?

There are numeroud relations between kites and isosceles trapezoids.

For instance, take a kite KITE with KI=IT and TE=EK (it is ok to have
IT=TE, a rhombus being a special kite) Construct the diagonals (lines) IE
and KT and intersect them at D (I suggest the name diacenter for this
point for all quadrilaterals).
Construct the four circles which each contain two vertices of the kite and
the diacenter.
The centers of these four circles form an isosceles trapezoid (except for
those who exclude the rectangle as being an isos. trap. in certain cases.)

Michael Keyton