Topic: Re: Middle School Level Geometry
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 25, 1994 1:27 PM

Keith Grove

Re: Middle School Level Geometry

In article <199409301250.IAA04955@forum.swarthmore.edu>,
annie@forum.swarthmore.edu (Annie Fetter) wrote:

> [I am forwarding this message for Sylvia. Please send a copy of your=
> posting to her directly, as she doesn't yet read the list. -Annie]
>

> >Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 13:38:05 EDT
> >From: "SJS0000@ECC" <SJS0@ECC.CC.VT.EDU>
> >To: <forum@FORUM.SWARTHMORE.EDU>
> >Subject: Re: Middle School Level Geometry
> >
> >Can you recommend any middle school curriculum materials
> >for geometry which are NCTM-standards based? Please
> >be as specific as possible.
> >
> >ALso, is there software for the middle school geometry
> >level which you feel is more appropriate than
> >scott foresman's Geo Explorer?
> >
> >Thanks for your help. Sylvia

The NCTM has published a series called "The Addenda Series" for both middle
school and high school. They have interesting stuff!

The Geometer's Sketchpad is a great program and I bet middle school
students would love it. Ask Annie Fetter (annie@forum.swarthmore.edu) for
more information. It's published by Key Curriculum press. They also have
a "workbook" which is full of interesting explorations and problems.

--
Keith <keith@forum.swarthmore.edu>