Topic: Fwd: Re: 11-gon
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
ArmyCal@aol.com

Fwd: Re: 11-gon

On October 27th, Michael Keyton wrote:
>Are the Canadian coins polygonal shaped or inscribed polygons in a >circular
coin? Does anyone know why? Is it political, geographical, >or just quirky?
Not nr. of provinces (10) plus territories (1).

_quirky_? I will ignore that slight from our southern neighbour ;)

It is not geographical because we have 10 provinces and 2 territories,
soon to be 3 territories. The loony (or loonie), our one dollar coin
is an 11 sided polygon (I won't bother to choose one of the names currently
circulating), about the side of your half dollar coin. I
am going to call the Royal Canadian Mint tomorrow am to get a final
decision on our "quirk", eh.

Calvin Armstrong
Maths Department
Stanstead College