Topic: proof in geometry
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 1, 2000 6:53 PM

Jon Roberts

Re: proof in geometry

Hi Franco,

The experience is, most often, an activity designd or chosen by the teacher
with the intention of engaging the student(s) in a stimulating,
mathematically rich environment within which the students can construct their
mathematical understandings.

In mant ways the success of the students' constructions depend on their
engagement through experience, so the teacher's role becomes one of
designing, leading and releasing the students into mathematically rich
experiences.

Regards,

Jon Roberts