Topic: Powerpoint and Math
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 1, 2004 12:35 PM

Ihor Charischak

Powerpoint and Math

Danette,
Thanks for your interest in Powerpoint math presentations. I heard
from Suzanne at the Math Forum and we can help her start am area at
the Math Forum’s’ Teachers Exchange for this topic. For starters,
Suzanne shared this website as place to begin to look for ideas on
using Powerpoint in Math.

http://208.183.128.3/ce/ppt6-12math.htm

Best wishes,
Ihor

Ihor Charischak
Council for Technology in Mathematics Education
(CLIME) - An Affiliate Group of NCTM
White Plains, NY 10606
914.946.5143
http://clime.org
ihor@clime.org

Email from Elizabeth:
Dear Danette
Thank you for responding to our invitation. Ihor is making arrangement
with CLIME and told me, "I emailed Suzanne Alejandre at the Math Forum
about the Powerpoint idea. She said the Math Forum can help with that.
I‚ll let you know".

For the meantime, may I know if you have a teacher's kit for Algebra 2
by McDougal Littell. Its latest kit contains CDs including powerpoint
presentations. This is a good start. If you don't have, let me know,
and I will refer you to the person who has it.

I also teach Algebra 2, but I did not get the latest kit last
semester, as our school was still in the process of ordering sets for
teachers. I used hands-on application of Microsoft Excel with my
students in learning Algebra 2. If you need help and some more
information, let me know.

Sincerely

Elizabeth