Topic: The Fall of the Alexandrian Library
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 5, 2001 2:30 PM

Antreas P. Hatzipolakis

Re: The Fall of the Alexandrian Library

Avinoam Mann writes:

>I am actually not sure why Antreas initiated this correspondence. The
>destruction of the statues in Afghanistan is surely a sad episode in the
>history of culture, but I do not think that it has any relevance to the
>history of mathematics.

Well... today the Taliban paranoids destroy the Buddhist statues,
tomorrow will prevent anything non-islamic (Buddhist/Brahmine/ etc) -
For example: Buddhist mathematics !
Or have not seen that scenario in the past?
(Recall "Jewish Mathematics" in Nazi Germany)

APH