Topic: "Tracking and fine distinctions"
Replies: 8   Last Post: May 14, 1997 3:15 PM

Andre TOOM

Re: "Tracking and fine distinctions"

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Tad Watanabe wrote:

> I thought in tyrannies, they are not concerned about what percentage of
> people agree with the tyrrants. They may bet 0% agreement, but that's
> irrelevant in tyrranies, isn't it?

Wrong. Tyrannies care about 100% support very much.
That is why they spend so much effort on propaganda and
persuation, that is why they care so much to silent any
dissent and to discredit that dissent which they cannot silent.
Example: Jack Price's statement that criticisms of `standards'
are mean-spirited and self-serving, where it was intentionally
unclear, which criticisms were meant, because of intentionally
unclear statements like `You have heard them all.'

Andre Toom
Department of Mathematics toom@universe.iwctx.edu
University of the Incarnate Word Tel. 210-646-0500 (h)
4301 Broadway 210-829-3170 (o)
San Antonio, Texas 78209-6318 Fax 210-829-3153