Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 16:45:35 -0400
From: Joan Kimball <wjkim@LLWCNY.LL.PBS.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list LM_NET <LM_NET@suvm.acs.syr.EDU>
Subject: ELEM:Lit/Math Speaker, Whitin

Hello, Everybody!
I think I have a good speaker for an upcoming conference.
I have just talked to David J. Whitin who wrote "Read Any
GGood Math Lately" (pub. Heinemann). He would like to speak to librarians
on the subject of understanding math through literature. He'll be
speaking in Verona NY next October and in south Carolina next spring
in case anyone wants to piggyback on those times.

His topic really fits the new math standards, "Math Their Way",
etc. His new book, "It's the Story that Counts", was just published by
Heinemann. He teachers at the University of South Carolina. His address:
116 Shadowpine Road
Columbia, SC 29212
Phone at home: (803)749-0243

I'd be interested to know if any of you contact him.

He'd be happy to speak at ALA or any of the regional or local meetings.

Joan Kimball

Joan Kimball Hart's Hill Elementary School
Whitesboro NY 13492 (315) 768-9854 (wjkim@LLWCNY.LL.PBS.ORG)