Topic: Geometry Textbook
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 7, 1995 11:50 PM

GoElf@aol.com

Re: Geometry Textbook

On Thu, 2 Mar 1995, Paul Swebilius wrote:

> We are considering a new Geometry textbook. We are using the Merrill
> "Geometry" Does anyone know of a better textbook for grades 10-12?
>

> Paul Swebilius email: fnb004@mail.connect.more.net
> Math 9-12 voice: 314-271-2449
> Pacific High School
> 425 Indian Warpath
> Pacific, Mo. 63069

I don't know what "better" means except in the context of the type of
students you teach, your individual teaching style, and your personal
preferences, but a few years ago when I taught HS geometry I was very happy
with GEOMETRY by Harold Jacobs published by W.H. Freeman and Company. In my
opinion, there was a good mix of proof and numerical problems. Formal proof
was introduced at a good pace for my students and the problems became more
difficult in a careful and controled manner. Related materials in the text,
like Escher prints, cartoons and puzzles were, I thought, a great bonus.

Regards,
goelf@aol.com (Doug Salomon)