Topic: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Replies: 39   Last Post: Sep 29, 1999 7:06 PM

Peter Percival

Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century

Bob Silverman wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I don't consider myself qualified to make up a list.
> However, I would lean towards (in no particular order)
> Gauss, Euler, Grothendieck, Bombieri, Deligne, Witten, Mumford, Wiles,
> Serre, Atiyah
>
> followed by
>
> Hilbert, Drinfeld, Poincare, Riemann, Ahlfors, etc.

Where would those qualified to judge place Tarski?

Date Subject Author
9/14/99
Read 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
seminole1215@my-deja.com
9/14/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
bobs@rsa.com
9/14/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
seminole1215@my-deja.com
9/14/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
Douglas Zare
9/15/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
seminole1215@my-deja.com
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Franz Lemmermeyer
9/14/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
9/15/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
David C. Ullrich
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Daniel H. Luecking
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of
Richard Carr
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Penny314
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Penny314
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
bobs@rsa.com
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Peter Percival
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Peter Percival
9/20/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
Sinan Sertoz
9/16/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Aaron Bergman
9/17/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of
Nicolas Bray
9/17/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Jim Hunter
9/17/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
seminole1215@my-deja.com
9/19/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Erich Friedman
9/20/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
KARKHANIS, SIMBA
9/21/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
PSmith9626
9/22/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Erich Friedman
9/24/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Sujit Ray
9/24/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Nils Goesche
9/25/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Penny314
9/17/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
John R Ramsden
9/20/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Jonathan Hoyle
9/27/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Sujit Ray
9/26/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Sujit Ray
9/26/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
Robert J. Kolker
9/28/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this
Keith Ramsay
9/26/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of
Fred Galvin
9/26/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of
Dave Rusin
9/29/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of
Ioannis Galidakis
9/26/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
charliew@hal-pc.org
9/27/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Sujit Ray
9/27/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Steve Leibel
9/27/99
Read Re: 10 greatest mathematicans of millennium and the mathematican of this century
Herman Rubin