Topic: RE: Visually Impaired Students that need help using graphing calc

Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
DeRosa, Melody

RE: Visually Impaired Students that need help using graphing calc

Dear Pat,
I have 3 suggestions for you to help visually impaired students- please pass
this info on
1) You can get a TI-83+ VSC with an overhead panel that you can put on a
light box. This will make the image significantly larger.
2) You can attach a TI-83+ VSC to a presenter and connect to a TV monitor or
other device with a video output to enlarge the screen.
3) I have also just seen a device called the Calculator Optical Zoom Light
which attaches to all of TI's graphing units except the TI-92. It claims to
give a 1.5 magnification and comes with 2 built in lights to illuminate the
screen in a darker room. I saw it for sale at the T^3 conference in Calgary
through Calculators, Inc. 1-800-533-9921. I am sure there are other vendors,
but I am not sure - you can check with other vendors to see who else may
carry it.
I hope this information has been helpful.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Take good care,

Melody DeRosa
NY Educational Technology Consultant
Texas Instruments