Topic: Math A regents issues
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 19, 2003 9:57 PM

Tammy Wager

Re: Math A regents issues

Why has the media not gotten involved? I was just
wondering the same thing. Perhaps they are not aware
of the problem. I would venture to bet that if the
media was involved, the state would be quick to
respond. This may be what needs to be done. They are
not listening to us. And with such low passing rates
across the state, the state must realize that
something went wrong. It is not fair that seniors
cannot graduate based on an exam that some of our top
ninth grade accelerated students could not pass.

--- Kathy Cam <Greenrav@aol.com> wrote:
> Dear Melissa
>
> I am a parent of a daughter who also cannot pass
> this Exam.I also
> think after following this website since January
> that the STATE
> Education dept needs to trully look into the grading
> system of this
> exam,what many of you have and have not been taught.
> As a parent when I read the educators(the teachers
> ) have problems
> with it how can students achieve.
>
> My daughter cannot graduate either...How sad...Years
> of study and a
> exam which was only implemented in order to pass is
> holding you and my
> child along with others up from completeing your
> schools years.
>
> I have viewed the January exam I know that these
> regents will not get
> you a job in the real world .
>
> I wonder why Tv , radio, newspapers have not taken
> on the State
> Education dept.
> This is not the real world of Math as many of us
> Adults know.
> I am with you , as I am with my own child.I say
> shame on the system
>
> Kathy Cam
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

http://sbc.yahoo.com