Topic: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Replies: 104   Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 3:38 AM

Jim Hunter

Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?

"flip" <flip_alpha@safebunch.com> wrote in message
> "Rob" <robero99@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Now that calculators are in abundant supply?
> >
> > Rob

> We have medicine, why do we need doctors?
>
> We have typewriters, why do we need writers?
>
> We have pencils, why do we need computers?
>
> Well, with only pencils, and no computers, we will have to do

calculations?

> Well, with calculators, we can do calculations.
>
> Well, with calculations, we will need mathematicians to find better and
> faster ways.
>
> Well, with new calculations we will need lawyers to protect the public.
>
> See a pattern?

No, since you still didn't say anything about *electons*,
or lasers, or Buckyballs, or reduction gears. Which
is usually why pencil people are often given
a job on a street corner, rather than anywhere
near calculators.

Date Subject Author
1/26/03
Read Mathematicians - do we need them?
Rob
1/26/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
\(Hildo\) news multikabel
1/26/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
John Kulczycki
1/27/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Wayne Brown
1/27/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Randy Poe
1/27/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Bill Vajk
1/28/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Jon Miller
1/28/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Mike Hanson
1/28/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Gregory L. Hansen
1/29/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Randy Poe
1/29/03
Read Re: Carpenters - do we need them?
Mark Martin
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Uncle Al
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jim Hunter
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Martin
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jim Hunter
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert Kolker
1/29/03
Read Gravity's Rainbow (was: Mathematicians - do we need them?)
Thomas Armagost
1/30/03
Read Re: Gravity's Rainbow (was: Mathematicians - do we need them?)
Thomas Armagost
2/1/03
Read Re: Gravity's Rainbow (was: Mathematicians - do we need them?)
Thomas Armagost
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Lovecraftesque
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jim R Feliciano
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert McClelland
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jon Cohen
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Hussman
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Alfred Einstead
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
John Kulczycki
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Gregory L. Hansen
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
mensanator
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Martin
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Leonard Blackburn
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Blake Manner
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Martin
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
John
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Dave L. Renfro
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Rob
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert J. Pease
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jim Hunter
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Gerald Clough
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jon Miller
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Scott OQ Elyard
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
David Kastrup
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
jmfbahciv@aol.com
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Bryna
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Richard Henry
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
flip
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jim Hunter
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Brwencino
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
JAMES HARRIS
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Richard Henry
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
The Scarlet Pumpernickel
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
David C. Ullrich
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
John
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
mensanator
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
John
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jason P
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Frisbie Einstein
1/26/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jim Hunter
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert J. Pease
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Pmb
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
David Ames
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Pmb
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Folsom
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Maleki
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Pmb
2/5/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jitender Saan
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mike Hanson
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Folsom
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
\
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Martin
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
tend
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
jmfbahciv@aol.com
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
RJM
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Leonard Blackburn
2/1/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert Kolker
2/1/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
David Kastrup
2/1/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert Kolker
2/1/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
David Kastrup
2/4/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Randy Poe
2/4/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert J. Pease
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
G.E. Ivey
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Eur Ing Panagiotis Stefanides
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
William Penrose
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
RP Henry
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mark Martin
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert J. Pease
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Axel Vogt
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Rob
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Richard Henry
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Spaceman
2/5/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Jitender Saan
1/27/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert McClelland
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
mensanator
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
John
1/29/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
mensanator
1/28/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Philip Freeman
1/29/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Guy Corrigall
1/29/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Rob
1/29/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Mike Bandy
1/31/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
Herman Rubin
1/29/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
matt
1/30/03
Read Re: Mathematicians - do we need them?
anonymous
1/30/03
Read Plumbers - do we need them: was Mathematicians - do we need them?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/30/03
Read Re: Plumbers - do we need them: was Mathematicians - do we need them?
Robert J. Pease
2/2/03