Topic: 2 sided polygon on a sphere
Replies: 17   Last Post: Mar 14, 2008 4:54 PM

Pat ballew

RE: 2 sided polygon on a sphere

Mary Krimmel wrote, "Is a figure on the surface of a sphere properly called
a polygon?"
It is at least according to this definition from
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SphericalPolygon.html

"A closed geometric figure on the surface of a sphere which is formed by the
arcs of great circles. The spherical polygon is a generalization of the
spherical triangle.

Pat Ballew
Lakenheath, UK

MathWords http://www.pballew.net/etyindex.html