- Mean, Median, Mode, Range,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- What are the definitions of mean, median, mode, and range?
- Finding Mean, Median, Mode
- Can you show me how to find the mean, median, mode, and range
of a set of scores?
- More Than One Mode?
- Can a data set have more than one mode?
- Mean, Median, and Mode
- Can you explain the three ways to represent a group - mean, median,
and mode? I am having trouble understanding the mode.
- Mode, Median, and Mean
- Find a set of five data values with modes 0 and 2, median 2, and
- Mean, Median, Mode: Find
- The median of five numbers is 15. The mode is 6. The mean is 12.
What are the five numbers?
- Definitions: Average, Mean,
- Arithmetic, geometric, harmonic means defined.
- Range - Difference or Difference + 1?
- Is range the same as 'difference' or not?
- Arithmetic vs. Geometric Mean
- When is it appropriate to use the arithmetic mean, and when
the geometric mean?
- What is a Median?
- A definition of median, and four examples of calculating medians.
- Median: the Middle Term
- What is the median?
- Median: Average of Two Points
- What is the median in an even list of numbers?
- Median of Six Values
- Find the median of 8,18,26,4,4,5.
- Median and Middle
- I would like to know how to find the median of two of the same
numbers (2 and 2).
- In Real Life...
- Using Mean, Mode, and Range
- Examples of real-life uses of mean, mode, and range.
- Range, Mean, Median, and Mode
- Why do we study range, mean, median, and mode? How will these
concepts help me in real life?
- What Does Average Mean?
- What is the average rainfall in New York? I understand the formula
needed to find the average, but what is the meaning of average?
- Teaching the Concept of Average
- How can I use blocks to teach averages to students?
- Which is the Best Description?
- Which best describes the number of times "Popular Song" was played
on the radio per day: the range, the median, the mode, or the mean?
- Mean, Median, and Mode in Real Life
- What are some real life examples involving mean, median, and mode?