Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Triangle Congruence,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Triangle Congruence
- I don't understand how to tell if two triangles are congruent.
- Congruence and Triangles
- Can you please explain how to determine, using SSS, SAS, and ASA,
how a shape is congruent or not?
- SSS, ASA, SAS Proofs
- I understand the ideas, but I'm not sure when and where to use them.
- SSA Theorem: Valid or Invalid?
- Why can't the SSA Theorem be used to prove congruence?
- SSA Proof
- Proving congruence using the Side-Side-Angle Theorem.
- SSA and Non-congruent Triangles
- Why can't you conclude that two triangles are congruent when
side-side-angle are congruent?
- Angle-Side-Side Does Not Work
- Can you give me a construction to show that Angle-Side-Side does not
prove two triangles congruent?
- Congruent Triangles - SSS Test
- How do you know if two triangles are congruent?
- Congruent and Similar Triangle Theorems
- Is there an Angle-Angle-Angle (AAA) triangle congruency theorem?
- Determining Triangle Similarity
- Given two triangles, how can you determine if they are similar?
- Congruent Parts Congruent Triangles
- When should we use CPCTC, and how does it prove anything?
- Theorem or Postulate?
- Shouldn't the three triangle postulates - SSS, ASA, and SAS - be theorems?
High School Triangles/Polygons
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help