Taxicab Geometry

Date: 1/11/96 at 16:20:4
From: Rick Cazzato
Subject: Taxi-cab geometry

I am looking for information on line about taxicab geometry.  Have you
ever come across any?  In addition, could you suggest some good
references in a college library?  We are trying to prepare out students
for the ICTM oral contest on taxicab geometry.

Rick Cazzato

Date: 1/12/96 at 1:41:32
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Taxi-cab geometry

Hi Rick -

There's a discussion about taxicab geometry archived by the Geometry
Forum at

You'll find people there to whom you could write for more
information, or you could mail to the newsgroup.

Here are a couple of references:

Krause, Eugene F.  Taxicab Geometry - An Adventure in Non-Euclidean
Stillman, G.A. (1992). Taxicab geometry: the urban alternative. Teaching
Mathematics, 17(2), 13-16.

Hope this helps -

-Doctor Sarah,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics: