Program for Pi

Date: 21 Jun 1995 18:09:41 -0400
From: Anonymous
Subject: Math question

Dr. Math:

Do you know of a program for the Mac that continually generates
the digits of pi?

Chris Miller
Teacher

Date: 22 Jun 1995 13:25:44 -0400
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: Math question

Hello there!

There are a couple of things that you might be interested in.  The program
Mathematica will give you as many digits of Pi as you want.  To do this,
you'd enter

          N[Pi, 50]

and it would give you 50 digits in the numerical expansion of Pi.  It can
easily handle several thousand digits.  If you don't have access to a copy
of Mathematica, we can send along a few thousand digits.

Other than that, I don't know of any program that continually gives you Pi's
digits.

-K

Associated Topics:
Middle School Pi