Writing Roman Numerals

Date: 9/7/95 at 20:19:24
From: Connie Stanton
Subject: Roman numerals

What is the correct way to write the number 7000 in Roman numerals?
What is the correct way to write 7659 in Roman numerals?

Date: 9/13/95 at 14:46:3
From: Doctor Steve
Subject: Re: Roman numerals

I'm not positive since I haven't studied them in depth,
but my understanding is that V with a bar over top of it is
five thousand and M is one thousand so 7000 would be:

then, we also know that

600 is DC
50 is L
9 is IX

Presumably we get 7659 if we put these together.

- Doctor Steve,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
Elementary Puzzles