Finding the Center of a Disk

Date: 12/13/2002 at 12:52:56
From: Kenneth Lentz
Subject: Find center of solid disk?

I need to find the center of a solid disk to bore a hole.

I tried three intersecting diameters at 60 degree arcs but this was
not accurate enough (I'm not sure of the true diameters).

Date: 12/13/2002 at 15:12:00
From: Doctor Rick
Subject: Re: Find center of solid disk?

Hi, Kenneth.

Do you know this trick for finding a diameter of a circle? Take a
carpenter's square and place it on the circle so the right angle is
on the circumference of the circle and both legs of the square cross
the circumference of the circle. Mark where each leg crosses the
circumference, and connect these points - there is your diameter.

- Doctor Rick, The Math Forum
  http://mathforum.org/dr.math/

Date: 12/14/2002 at 15:05:41
From: Kenneth Lentz