Browse and Search the Library
: Resource Types
: Ed. Materials
: Word Problems
Library Home ||
Full Table of Contents ||
Suggest a Link ||
- 110 items
found, showing 101 to 110
- University of South Carolina High School Math Contests - David Sumner
Problems from the University of South Carolina (USC) High School Math Contests, since 1994. Walk step by step through illustrated solutions to each problem using the "next step" button. The delivery of questions is designed for competitive timing. Also,
- The Verbal Math Lesson - Michael Levin, Charan Langton
Books for teaching math topics verbally through word problems--no worksheets, no writing. The approach is intended to be fun for children and to develop mental short cuts.
- WASL Math Prompts - Port Angeles School District, Washington state
Sample questions for the WASL, Washington State Assessment of Student Learning. Most questions have answers printed above the questions. Sample questions are offered for kindergarten through high school levels, organized by mathematical content, and accompanied
- Word Problems III - Energy Conservation Enhancement Project
Perimeter, area, and volume measurements; shading the exterior of a home. Math objectives: 1. Use correct formulas to compute geometric measurements. 2. Complete a variety of word problems involving three geometrical functions: area, volume, perimeter.
- Word Problems Solved by S.M.S. (Solutions Made Simple) - Raymond Davie and Helaine Rabney; Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute
A curriculum unit that stresses organized thinking for solving word problems: Knowing the Problem; Making a Plan; Solving Your Problem; Testing Your Solution, with bibliographies for students and teachers. Recommended for 9th through 12th grade Consumer
- Worksheet Works - WorksheetWorks.com
This site generates high quality PDFs of worksheets with the flick of a few checkboxes. Just specify level of difficulty, range of numbers, font size, or other parameters.
- Write Math with the Math Forum - Math Forum
A standards-aligned, grade-specific program to improve math problem solving. Engaging problems adapted from the Problems of the Week program have been correlated to state standards, math topics, and widely-used textbooks. A trial membership gives you
- Writing to Develop Understanding: The Math Forum @ Drexel's PoWs - Suzanne Alejandre
What can we ask students about their problem solving that will help them the most? This article, originally published in the December, 2006, issue of the CMC ComMuniCator, journal of the California Mathematics Council, addresses that question by examining
- xyAlgebra - John C. Miller, The City College of The City University of New York
Download xyAlgebra for interactive instruction and practice in algebra, or xySolver for interactive instruction and practice in verbal problems. These two student programs include explanations of principles of basic algebra, step-by-step sample problems,
- Zeno's Paradoxes - Franz Kiekeben
Statements of the following paradoxes: The Racetrack (or Dichotomy); Achilles and the Tortoise; The Arrow; A brief analysis of the motion paradoxes; The Thomson Lamp; Kiekeben's Odd/Even Paradox; Benardete's Paradox of the Gods;
The Paradox of the Spaceship;
The Math Library ||
Quick Reference ||
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.