Masterman Students' Work 2013
From Math Images
(→Geometry 1 Students)
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
Revision as of 12:50, 24 April 2013
Welcome to the Masterman Math Images page for 2013! Masterman students and the teachers, professors, and college students working with them can use this space to keep each other up-to-date on projects and feedback.
How Does this Page Work?
This is a place for the Masterman Math Images students to say what they're working on and thinking about. Students can post what they're proud of, questions they have, areas of confusion, or material on which they want feedback. Mr. Taranta, Diana Patton, and others from both Swarthmore College and the Math Forum will respond to them as quickly as possible. There shouldn't be any long conversations posted on this page; simple explanations or requests and brief responses or statements like, "I posted on your comments page," are all we need here.
Students, this page has a section for each person or group working on a project this semester. Edit the space under your heading with brief descriptions of your project's current status, your plan going forward, and what kind of support you would like from the people giving feedback. Questions and comments such as, "Please read this over," "Will this work?" and other thoughts are all important to share. Please keep your section of this page neat and up to date. If no one can tell what you're working on, no one will know to send any feedback or tips your way.
Helpful Links for Students
You'll find these helpful to keep on hand, maybe even open in another tab, while working on your projects. Note that you can get to all these and more through Page Building Help.
Read these Before you Write Anything!
- Other math images pages! Reading other people's pages is the best way to figure out how to make your own.
- Starting a New Page - A step-by-step for creating a new image page.
- Writing Guide Hit List - Short and sweet. This lays out some basics to bear in mind about writing for an audience.
Answers to Questions and Self-Editing Tips
- From a Bunch of Old Timers - Incredibly helpful. This has the most salient tips from people who have done it all before.
- Checklist for writing pages - The definitive list. Check this over while you're writing and before you proofread your work.
All the Technical Stuff
- Top 5 things you need to know how to do on the wiki - Straight to the point. This covers coding for images, "balloons," hide/show, citations, and our feedback system.
- Wiki Tricks - Goes into more detail. This is a compilation specific to the Math Images wiki, so it covers everything you're most likely to want to do in code, including things for which we've developed our own templates.
- Editing Help Page - The outside source. This is a guide to codes and templates that apply to all wiki sites. Go here when the first two pages don't give you the information you need.
Geometry 3 Students
Geometry 1 Students
Hana Pearlman Currently trying to find a topic, probably relating to spirals, to work on. I'm working with Jane and Natalia.