Subject:   tool: Scatter Plot Applet
Author: Steve
Date: Feb 8 2004
http://math.hws.edu/javamath/config_applets/ScatterPlotApplet.html

This applet is very user friendly.  I like that it is easy to input coordinates,
and that different properties of the best fit line automatically show up.  This
applet has obvious helpful applications as a supplement to chemistry or physics
experiments.  I also like the fact that you can load in a data set.  The only
thing I didn't see is if you can alter the best fit line.  Can this line be
altered to properly fit data that follows a square or cubic relationship for
example?  If it did, this applet would be far more useful.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All in Calculus discussion
Visit related discussions:
ScatterPlotApplet tool
Calculus

Discussion Help