Subject:   RE: Bisector Method in C Programming.
Author: Sione
Date: Apr 16 2004
On Apr 15, 2004, Sione wrote:

On Apr 15, 2004, donalds wrote:

>suppose you are give a function of polynomial f(x) = >4-x3 and the question
calls to implement a program that >will finds the root of a polynomial using the
bisector >method, and that program should print the seven 7th >root of 126, the
cube root of 43 and the 5th root of >729 such that f(X) = o;

>I will be very glad to hearing from any one out there.
>Donalds,
>Uganda.

Just adding to my last post. I wrote an article titled "Numeric Computation in
Java" (5 page article) and in the first page (halfway down) you will find the
"BISECTION" algorithm described in there. It is not coded in Java but it is
described in pseudo-code form which means you can easily write a version of
the BISECTION  algorithm in  C  programming language. The article has minimal
Java coding but it addresses issues in numerical computing.

http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/1364221

Cheers,
Sione.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Calculus on Sketchpad discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Sketchpad

Discussion Help