Subject:   RE: Lorentzian series for Curve Fitting
Author: OptimalDesigns
Date: May 6 2017
On Nov 23 2005, OptimalDesigns wrote:
> For real-world data curve fitting using a Lorentzian [ 1/ ( 1 + x^2
> )] series is a good bet. Why isn't this Lorentzian model taught in
> school?

Other math models for curve fitting include Sine, Damped
> Sine, Exponential and Power series.  The Sine (fourier) series is
> taught but no software demos for hands-on experience and
> understanding.  Suggest adding some sinusoidal curve fitting demos
> to classes.

Learn real-world curve fitting with the use of
> CurvFit software at   http://fortrancalculus.info/apps/curvfit.html

Anyone
> publishing a textbook with some info on curve fitting?  If so,
> please contact me for some practical example problems.
Textbooks are now available at   http://fortrancalculus.info/textbooks/

Phil

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Calculus for Polynomial Approxs. and Series discussion

Discussion Help