Subject:   Integer bar
Author: R Rosas
Date: Jan 27 2004
I think this might be a nice activity for young children. The integer bars on
the grid reminded me of algebra tiles. I think both are good methods to help
visual learners represent the mathematical concept they are trying to learn. I
have not seen a computer simulation of algebra tiles. I have only seen it on
paper. I wonder if it would better for students to have integer bars done on
paper instead of a simulation. Would young children learn better the concepts of
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division if they had a paper copy of the
integer bars?

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All in Kindergarten discussion
Visit related discussions:
(missing item)
Kindergarten

Discussion Help