Subject:   RE: Precalculus:RationalFunctions?
Author: Chuck
Date: Apr 28 2004
The offerings for precalc rational functions do seem to be a bit skimpy.  I am
sure they would like us to contribute more.

I spend a great deal of my time each year exploring rational functions and the
most powerful technology I have is the graphing calculator.  It sure makes the
topic easier than in the old pre-TI82 days!

Barry Cherkas of Hunter College has written outstanding Mathematica scripts to
graph rational functions, showing removable singularities and asymptotes.  The
Mathematica code is included with his precalculus mathematica lab books.  I wish
this kind of facility could be included in Math Tools.

Charles Oelsner
Syracuse, NY

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in PreCalculus for Properties of Rational Functions discussion

Discussion Help