Subject:   RE: whiteboard compass
Author: ihor
Date: May 7 2005
This spelling
   http://dictionary.com
> and found that using the spelling "compass" is considered correct.
<snip>
>The definition ended with the reference you mentioned,
> "Also called a pair of compasses."

Interesting! If a compass can also be called a pair of compasses, does that mean
we can also refer to one of the "legs" as a compass? I wonder how this
"confusion" of definitions came about? Possibly in the passing down from one
language to another.
-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Geometry discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry

Discussion Help