Subject:   RE: POW?
Author: r!chard
Date: Dec 8 2006
On Dec  8 2006, munozens wrote:
> I'm looking for a Problem of The week on Inductive Reasoning.

Dear munozens,

Without knowing more about your interest in inductive reasoning -- or a PoW
(or math tool?) on that topic -- I encourage you to consider the Forum's own
Technology PoWs:
   http://mathforum.org/tpow/

Now, as a Math Forum staffer, I see that you happen to have a trial membership
with our Problem of the Week service:
   http://mathforum.org/products/trial.html

That demo account lets you access PoWs that do not necessarily have a technology
component, but which students have solved with inductive reasoning, such as

Binary Trees
   http://mathforum.org/librarypow/puzzles/index2.ehtml?puzzle=521

A Series of Numbers
   http://mathforum.org/librarypow/puzzles/index2.ehtml?puzzle=341

Intersecting Circles
   http://mathforum.org/librarypow/puzzles/index2.ehtml?puzzle=375

The Tower of Hanoi
   http://mathforum.org/librarypow/puzzles/index2.ehtml?puzzle=494

The theme of that last PoW, in particular, has inspired several Math Tools
resources. For example, munozens, when I searched the Math Tools catalog for the
keyword "hanoi," I found these tools, support materials, and more:
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/search/index.html?execute=search&database=catalog&keywords=hanoi

Let us know how this helps you.
--

Richard Tchen

The Math Forum @ Drexel
3210 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2713

tel1: (215)895-1787
tel2: (800)756-7823
facs: (215)895-2964

The Math Forum @ Drexel ( http://mathforum.org/ )
is a research and educational enterprise of
the Drexel School of Education ( http://drexel.edu/soe/ ).

yes  no
Post a new topic to the General Discussion in Geometry for Inductive reasoning discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
Inductive reasoning

Discussion Help