Subject:   RE: Solving Equations Using Backtracking
Author: Mathman
Date: Nov 3 2006
On Nov  3 2006, Mathman wrote:

>There you have it.

Addendum:  I am not opposed to the general technique of backtracking.  I just
thought that although it might give a solution in this case, it is in general
not a good approach to solving this kind of problem in general.  Standard
techniques can be applied here and in more difficult situations.  This technique
is rather limited in the same sense.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Algebra discussion

Discussion Help