Subject:   RE: Physical models of surfaces
Author: Peter Ash
Date: Jan 23 2008
Scott,

Thanks for the ideas. I have used the Sketchpad tool a bit, and it is not bad. I
was not aware of Castellanos' work, and it looks very good. The crocheting seems
too difficult for me, and I wonder if it would be precise enough. Are you aware
of the triangle model in Chapter 10 of Jeff Weeks' The Shape of Space? It looks
like it might be worth a try.

I still would like a smooth physical model. Rbaker's idea of having students
build the surface from contours is very appealing, though it might take up too
much class time.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content in Geometry discussion

Discussion Help