Subject:   Riemann Sums
Author: Gene
Date: Nov 12 2003
I've just started integration and I'm bowled over by the number of Riemann Sum
choices. Here are some:
Riemann Sums (Carlen)
Riemann Sums (Husch)
Numerical Integration Tutorial
Finding  the area under a curve
Formula Graphing Applets
Rectangle Approximation Method

I didn't have time to try them all and decided on Integrator as something that
did what I wanted, not much more, and was easy to use. I demonstrated it in
class today, approximating the integral from 0 to 1 of 1+e^x to enough places
for them to guess the answer, and some similar problems.

The book doesn't have anything directly on computer approximation until later
on, but there is a nice problem about finding n for which the error term
approximation of the integral of 1/x between 1 and 2 gives ln 2 to a certain
number of places, and they can try it out!

yes  no

Discussion Help