Subject:   slope of a line
Author: msbee
Date: Mar 31 2004
My grade 9 math students have presented me with a problem I
have not been able to solve to my satisfaction.

If you draw a line which goes through the point of origin
(0,0) and it has a positive slope, ie it slants up to the
right, as the line comes closer to being horizontal the
slope of the line decreases and as it gets closer to being
vertial the slope of the line increases.

My class wants to know what the smallest slope is before it
becomes 0 or horizontal and what is the largest slope before
it becomes vertical or undefined.

Can anyone help me?

yes  no
Visit related discussions: