Subject:   RE: 3D grapher required
Author: Jon
Date: Apr 7 2005
On Apr  6 2005, Craig wrote:
> A recent issue of Mathematics Teacher (NCTM's monthly publication
> for secondary teachers) discussed POV-RAY as a (free-download)
> package for rendering interesting 3D stuff.  I have downloaded it
> and tried basic stuff, but haven't gotten good with it yet...
Like Craig I have played with POV-RAY and am in the process of learning more.
If you are interested go to http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm
for some examples of what you can do with it plus some good tutorials should you
decide to learn more. On another front, Cabri has come out with Cabri 3D which
also does a lot. It is not free ($75 US) and is available only in Europe but
there are ways you can get a copy. I highly recommend it if you are interested
in doing anything with polyhedra.

yes  no

Discussion Help