Subject:   RE: Advantages of interactive Graphs
Author: Susan
Date: Jun 26 2006
Here are some more links:
This applet allows the student to move the "person" and observe the results on a
graph.  I challenged my students to try and create graphs with different
slopes.
http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/users/Murphy/MovingMan/MovingMan.html

This applet is similar to the NCTM applet, but has more features.  This is a
"for pay" site, but you can use it for 5 minutes.  The great thing about this is
that you can add points, and move the graph around, and then observe what the
runner or runners are doing as a result in the change in the graph:  Distance
Time graphs:
http://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cResource.dspView&ResourceID=301

This one is more for studying simultaneous equations, but the kids will enjoy
the cat and the mouse.  Again, this is a "for pay" site:
Modeling linear systems--
http://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cResource.dspView&ResourceID=108

Enjoy!

Susan

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help