Subject:   RE: Runners Activity: Some Observations
Author: lanius
Date: Jun 27 2006
So if you think about it, lots of graphs done in the business world are
rectangles. So I wonder if it's strictly aesthetic. Interesting question.

On Jun 27 2006, Chris T. wrote:
> On Jun 26 2006, ihor wrote:
> Especially since you are trying to do
> it in an arena where the x and
> y units are not the same. The
> usual way to get linear equations to
> be perpendicular is to have
> one slope be the negative reciprocal of
> other. With the
> limitation of the stepping that only works when the
> step size is
> 1, but only if the X and Y unit intervals are the same.
>
> Interesting!

Thanks for the feedback, ihor.  Problems like this
> inspire me to put on my technology design hat and wonder why they
> used rectangles instead of squares for the grid.  I think they did
> it because the rectangles match the dimensions of the computer
> screen, giving more space on the x-axis than they would have
> otherwise.  Both the squares and rectangles methods have their
> advantages and disadvantages.

Best,

Chris

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help