Subject:   RE: Graphing Tool
Author: Trish Kepler
Date: Mar 19 2008
These explorative tools are only really effective with direction. Without a
concrete objective, my kids would be likely to spend a lot of time playing
without really understanding the point of the tool. Although explorative
activities like these seem inherently unstructured, as though they require
little leg work from a teacher. I actually find that I spend more time planning
for these types of activities than for lecture-style instruction.
Give students a list of guiding questions for them to answer as they explore.
This will hold them accountable for actual learning while they play.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help