Subject:   Another Favorite
Author: Chuck
Date: Sep 14 2003
David Eck of Hobart-William Smith has put together a wonderful series of
“Configurable applets” found at  Java Components for Mathematics
http://math.hws.edu/javamath/  These applets are designed to let the code be
customized.

I have modified his RiemannSums applet
http://math.hws.edu/javamath/config_applets/RiemannSums.html
so the pull-down menu of curves has the curves from the text, my class
demonstrations, and homework problems. I then encorporate this applet into an
on-line exercise on my course site:
http://mph.net :8080/academic/math/APCalcAB/Notes/ch5/RiemannSumEx.htm

 (This is a private intranet site, but you can logon with username “guest”,
password “password” and domain “MPH”  You may have to type the entire URL if the
MathTools text truncates the line at the : )

Charles Oelsner
Syracuse, NY

yes  no

Discussion Help