Subject:   exponents
Author: PWR
Date: Oct 1 2004
I always have trouble teaching exponents.  To me, the rules are both logical and
easy, but my students usually seem to find them too numerous and confusing.
Does anyone have a gimmic, an idea like a mnemonic or anything at all, that
helps students with problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, power of a power, negative, and fractional exponents?

yes  no

Discussion Help