Subject:   RE: Math Computer Labs and the student of special needs
Author: Mathman
Date: Oct 2 2004
On Oct  2 2004, emm wrote:
>I am teaching in such a setting, and while I
> am a very diligent teacher over a class/lab of 18-22 special needs
> students, I find my neediest students not receiving enough one-on-
> one attention.

>No observation is too small,

I am not a SE teacher, and have been involved in many observations/ discussions/
arguments over the years.  I have delt with much smaller groups of struggling
students, not defined as "special need" students, but likely so none the less.
For what it's worth, the above class size may be your problem, and no software
in the world will adjust for that.  For students with real needs, their biggest
need is your attention, and you should fight for a smaller class size.

That said, write to dixon_spam@sympatico.ca and I'll send you some spreadsheets
for exercises in arithmetic, or to suit your needs if you send a scanned sample.
They use nice round numbers and provide answers, a new sheet at a key-press.
I'll need to know your spreadsheet program, or download the free Open Office
Suite and use their Calc spreadsheet program.

David.

yes  no

Discussion Help