Subject:   RE: MS Word division symbol
Author: Jeff L
Date: Jun 28 2006
On Mar  3 2004, Beth Asbeck wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with a way to create a division symbol (the
> line with the dot on top & below).  I've checked with the Microsoft
> sites and they reference an equation editor which I don't have
> available.  Any advice on how to do this?

Keystroke combinations are the quickest way to do this for most fonts:

[alt] + 0176 gives the degree symbol
{alt] + 0177 gives p;us/minus
[alt] + 0178 gives squared   n
[alt] + 0179 gives cubed   n
[alt] + 0247 gives the division symbol
(Some programs use [alt] + 0246  )
{alt] + 0149 gives a bullet

if the symbols in this message don't show up as labelled, you still need to try
them in your version of MSWord to see if they work.

There are more, but these are the ones I use most

Also, I'd love to know
> an easy way to type in fractions with the numerator above the
> denominator instead of like this:  7/8.  Any tips on that one?  I'm
> always fighting with the alignment.

no easy way that I have found

yes  no

Discussion Help