Subject:   RE: SmartBoard
Author: db
Date: Feb 12 2007
Hi, I have Smartview software that i use on the smartboard, great investment.  I
have used the free emulator but it is very buggy.  Moreover, I am a Mac user and
the emulators will not run on the Mac.  I used to run the emulator on a windows
machine I attached to the smartboard specifically for that purpose.  But again,
it is buggy and froze lots.

More importantly, the programs I wrote for the TI are very tricky to load onto
the free emulator and I write lots of programs.  Our school also runs SAM
robots.  I like to show the kids how to modify the SAM programs for their
specific purpose.  The Smartview emulator will accept anything I give it, and
not crash, unlike the free emulator.  Additionally, I am not a "techie" so
getting a serial cable (or was it a parallel cable?) to work when all you have
are USB ports is an exercise in "insanity!"  Sorry, I hated it.

Smartview is not that expensive if you are not technically inclined.  You can
get a 30 day trial copy from TI and see the difference.

BOL,  db

yes  no

Discussion Help