Subject:   RE: vertical measuring
Author: Jeff L
Date: Nov 13 2013
I do not profess to know much about child development, there could be an issue
with vertical measures when the concepts of negative numbers are introduced,
specifically something like temperature and tides.

Traditionally (I guess), on a vertical scale with positive and negative numbers,
the absolute value of the positive side of the scale increase as they go 'up'.
The absolute value of negative numbers decreases as they go 'up'.

 3
 2
 1
 0
-1
-2
-3
I do not have any particular suggestions other than if the 'ruler' had the
numbers turned in respect to the axis of the ruler, (i.e.. a 'regular ruler'
turned sideways) it might provide an alternative.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Icicle Game tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help