Subject:   C&I 336, Week 1: Moving Man Applet
Author: mmckelve
Date: Jan 28 2004
I took a look at the Moving Man Activity (PreCalculus):
http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=pc&rc=tool&pl=hh&id=810&pn=N83&user=mmckelve&new_id=810

I really like this applet.  Despite a very simple GUI, it manages to show the
relationships between Distance, Velocity, and Acceleration quite well.  It seems
to be pretty straightforward, and I haven't had difficulty with any of the
features yet (though I'm not quite clear on what the Filtering option actually
does).  I can see direct applications not just in the Pre-Calc classroom, but
also in the early physics classroom as well.  Sensors would of course be nice,
but since they're not always available or affordable, this applet is definitely
a workable stand-in.

     --Michael--

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All in PreCalculus on Java Applet discussion
Visit related discussions:
Moving Man Activity tool
PreCalculus
Java Applet