Subject:   RE: geom construction software with compass -> arcs, not circles
Author: jdad
Date: Sep 24 2011

http://numeracyworks.com/Site/Home.html
> You can try it online and it provides compass and rule. This is how
> I use the compass:

http://www.screenr.com/sZ0

Thanks for the pointer.  I hadn't heard of tabula. On the surface it looks
perfect as it's a virtual representation of the physical compass and straight
edge practice of construction.

In practice, however, it's driving me crazy!  I'm trying to construct an
inscribed octagon (one of their howework problems) and the compass keeps getting
"stuck" to circle so that I can't move it without moving the whole circle.  If
you click and hold on the compass a little too long (like while you're
thinking), it attaches itself to whatever it's touching!  After two half-hour
sessions timed out without an octagon, I gave up.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Geometry on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
Computer
Tools